I found my new favorite Korean food spot in Daly City after my graveyard shift. Yelpers raved about this kimchi fried rice at Bart Grocery.
Now – I believe the hype. I loved every spicy bite of rice. I also discovered my new favorite food combo: spam and kimchi. The salty meat paired nicely with fermented cabbage.
My normal newsroom schedule makes it impossible for me to enjoy Friday and Saturday nights with my husband and friends.
My schedule synced up with them when I covered graveyard shifts for the last three weeks.
I spent my weekends eating my way thru the Bay Area.
- Demoned Eggs at the Brixton
- Ikura with quail’s egg at Hana Zen
- Oxtails at Hard Knox Cafe
- Eggs Benedict with pork belly at Boon Eat & Drink
- Oysters at Hana Zen
- Ice cream sliders at Lolo
- Crazy Ivan at Bear Republic
- Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olive Martini at the Brixton